Arrests made over security van incident in Larkfield
Tuesday 13th February 2018
TWO men have been arrested in connection with the blackmail of a security van driver in Larkfield.
Serious crimes officers from Kent and Essex have been investigating allegations involving demands for money and a cash-in-transit vehicle, following an incident in November last year.
It was reported that at around 10am an employee returned to his security van, parked off London Road, and found a written demand for cash had been placed in the door. It is alleged the message also contained threats of harm. No money was stolen during the incident.
The arrests were made in the Hastings area yesterday (February 12).
Two men, aged 32 and 57, were arrested on suspicion of blackmail. Both have been released pending further investigation.
- 19/02/2018 - JAILED: Mum and partner who neglected six-week-old baby
- 19/02/2018 - D-Day Darlings perform at Mercure hotel in Maidstone
- 19/02/2018 - Police appeal after raiders try to steal ATM from filling station near Maidstone
- 19/02/2018 - Calling Bearsted dog walkers - Missing key - can you help?
- 19/02/2018 - Long delays on the M20 after broken down vehicle near Maidstone
- 19/02/2018 - Ukip leader Henry Bolton dumped over relationship with Maidstone model Jo Marney
- 16/02/2018 - GRITTING ALERT: Motorists told to be careful on roads
- 16/02/2018 - Maidstone Lib Dems warned not fritter government cash windfall