Aylesford Newsprint chimneys demolished
Friday 11th August 2017
WORK on dismantling iconic structures at Aylesford Newsprint is underway – three years after the shock closure of the factory.
Two of the four tall chimneys which have dominated the landscape around Aylesford and Larkfield for decades have been dismantled in sections, with the demolition of the remaining pair to follow.
The 100-acre site, on the New Hythe Business Park, closed suddenly in March 2015 with the loss of 230 jobs and is set to be redeveloped with new homes and business use.
- 15/12/2017 - M20 - another week of disruption on the motorway for works
- 15/12/2017 - Exclusive: Private Benenden Hospital to shed jobs across board in New Year
- 15/12/2017 - Man, 60s, beaten with glass bottle in Marden business cash robbery
- 15/12/2017 - CINDERELLA: Still time to catch hilarious Hazlitt panto
- 15/12/2017 - Olympic star Courtney Tulloch returns to New Line Learning to help students
- 15/12/2017 - BREAKING: Man shot in face three times in Snodland alleyway attack
- 15/12/2017 - TRAFFIC UPDATE: A249 shut tonight for emergency repair work
- 14/12/2017 - EXCLUSIVE: Lib Dem borough councillor faces suspension over assault allegation