Aylesford Newsprint chimneys demolished
Friday 11th August 2017
WORK on dismantling iconic structures at Aylesford Newsprint is underway – three years after the shock closure of the factory.
Two of the four tall chimneys which have dominated the landscape around Aylesford and Larkfield for decades have been dismantled in sections, with the demolition of the remaining pair to follow.
The 100-acre site, on the New Hythe Business Park, closed suddenly in March 2015 with the loss of 230 jobs and is set to be redeveloped with new homes and business use.
- 18/08/2017 - RELIEF ROAD POLL: Readers back Leeds to Langley link to ease congestion
- 18/08/2017 - Cricket and tennis in Staplehurst safe after housing plan gets go-ahead
- 18/08/2017 - Five vehicles torched in arson attacks in Tovil - police investigating
- 18/08/2017 - Have you seen missing Olivia and her pal from Maidstone?
- 18/08/2017 - Bearsted man set to cycle 9,000 miles on solo trip to Tokyo
- 18/08/2017 - Gallagher Stadium hosts soccer legends in charity match
- 18/08/2017 - Man arrested after disturbance at Kings Hill supermarket
- 18/08/2017 - Congratulations! A-level success in Maidstone and Malling