Aylesford Newsprint chimneys demolished
Friday 11th August 2017
WORK on dismantling iconic structures at Aylesford Newsprint is underway – three years after the shock closure of the factory.
Two of the four tall chimneys which have dominated the landscape around Aylesford and Larkfield for decades have been dismantled in sections, with the demolition of the remaining pair to follow.
The 100-acre site, on the New Hythe Business Park, closed suddenly in March 2015 with the loss of 230 jobs and is set to be redeveloped with new homes and business use.
- 19/10/2017 - BREAKING: Police search for hit and run driver after girl is injured
- 19/10/2017 - Kent Police searching for car that failed to stop after crash
- 19/10/2017 - Teston Bridge reopens after repairs completed
- 19/10/2017 - COMMENTARY: Brexit 18 months on - by Dennis Fowle
- 19/10/2017 - Men arrested over drugs offence
- 19/10/2017 - Residents in Shepway warned to lock up sheds and lock vans - thieves at large
- 19/10/2017 - TRAFFIC UPDATE: Delays on M20 this morning after crash near Maidstone
- 18/10/2017 - Drunk jailed for killing a man on M20 - driving the WRONG way