CCTV images released in hunt for Maidstone BMW thieves
Tuesday 13th February 2018
CCTV images have been issued by police investigating a number of thefts of steering wheels from BMWs in Maidstone.
Officers have released the footage of two men captured on cameras during an alleged theft from a BMW in Walderslade on November 23. A steering wheel, on-board computer and other valuables were reported stolen.
A number of other offences have been reported across the county, with several of them in Maidstone.
DC Tony Hatcher said: “We are urging motorists to remain vigilant and to carry out some simple steps which may reduce their chances of being a victim of crime. These include using a steering lock or ensuring that if you have a garage that the vehicle is locked inside.
“Thieves are sometimes also able to fool security systems for keyless vehicles. To prevent this we would recommend owners check if their keyless entry fobs can be turned off overnight and to also store them away from any household entry points. Drivers can also store their fobs in special bags, which can be bought from retailers to prevent any unwanted communication between the vehicle and its keys.
“If you are unsure contact your vehicle manufacturer or local dealer for advice.’
If you recognise these men or have any information which may assist the investigation please call Kent Police on 01622 604100 quoting reference YY/34997/17. Alternatively contact Kent Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 19/02/2018 - JAILED: Mum and partner who neglected six-week-old baby
- 19/02/2018 - D-Day Darlings perform at Mercure hotel in Maidstone
- 19/02/2018 - Police appeal after raiders try to steal ATM from filling station near Maidstone
- 19/02/2018 - Calling Bearsted dog walkers - Missing key - can you help?
- 19/02/2018 - Long delays on the M20 after broken down vehicle near Maidstone
- 19/02/2018 - Ukip leader Henry Bolton dumped over relationship with Maidstone model Jo Marney
- 16/02/2018 - GRITTING ALERT: Motorists told to be careful on roads
- 16/02/2018 - Maidstone Lib Dems warned not fritter government cash windfall