Curious girls pick up food award for restaurant in Boughton Monchelsea
Monday 19th June 2017
THE Curious Eatery at Boughton Monchelsea has been named Kent’s best restaurant.
The venture - run by sisters Lesley (pictured left) and Nicole Parry (right) - is one of nearly half-a-dozen businesses from this neck of the woods to pick up praise and votes in the Muddy Awards 2017.
The Curious Eatery walked away with the title after an article on our Daily Downs Mail site helped it to secure a 33.8% share of the votes.
Toasting their success as Best Wine Merchant, is Murcatto Wines in Staplehurst, with a massive 40.5% of the votes.
The winner in the best Glamping category went to that at Kits Coty in Aylesford, while the Best Boutique Stay was awarded to the Who’d a thought it? at Grafty Green, near Maidstone.
Kent Life Heritage Farm Park at Sandling near Maidstone just missed out on the accolades, coming a very impressive second, in the fight for Best Family Attraction, after Bedgebury National Pinetum & Forest at Goudhurst.
The awards are run by the Muddy Stilettos blog, which calls on individuals to vote for businesses that have won personal approval from the Muddy team. This year up to 100,000 people per day took part in the voting.
Picture with thanks to John Starns Photography
- 19/10/2017 - BREAKING: Police search for hit and run driver after girl is injured
- 19/10/2017 - Kent Police searching for car that failed to stop after crash
- 19/10/2017 - Teston Bridge reopens after repairs completed
- 19/10/2017 - COMMENTARY: Brexit 18 months on - by Dennis Fowle
- 19/10/2017 - Men arrested over drugs offence
- 19/10/2017 - Residents in Shepway warned to lock up sheds and lock vans - thieves at large
- 19/10/2017 - TRAFFIC UPDATE: Delays on M20 this morning after crash near Maidstone
- 18/10/2017 - Drunk jailed for killing a man on M20 - driving the WRONG way