Huge lorry fire causing delays on M2
Tuesday 14th November 2017
A HUGE lorry fire has caused the M2 to be closed near to the junction with Blue Bell Hill.
Fire fighters are dealing with the blaze on the coastbound stretch of the motorway which has sent smoke billowing across both carriageways.
Long delays are building, as videos and pictures appear on social media of the fire.
The A229 was also closed in both directions as the blaze continued. The M2 is set to be closed until at least 2pm, and it is thought the bridge will need inspecting before the A229 is allowed to reopen.
- 17/11/2017 - New vision as church faces uncertain future
- 17/11/2017 - Ed Sheeran fans get read to welcome Galway Girl singer to Maidstone
- 17/11/2017 - Eco-village at Kingswood could pay for Leeds-Langley relief road
- 17/11/2017 - More road closures on M20
- 17/11/2017 - Freezing temperatures send gritters out
- 17/11/2017 - SPECIAL REPORT: Farmer Hughie Batchelor - a life remembered
- 17/11/2017 - LATEST: Travellers now pitch up at another council car park
- 17/11/2017 - Samaritans: Listening can save a life - details of special event