Long delays as unexploded WWII bomb shuts Dartford Crossing
Tuesday 13th February 2018
LONG delays are expected in the area around the Dartford Tunnel after an unexploded World War Two bomb was discovered.
Police have completely shut off the QEII Bridge as they deal with the incident.
Initially all traffic coming from the Essex side of the bridge was told to divert through to the Blackwell Tunnel, but the decision has now been taken to open one of the bores of the tunnel for clockwise use.
This means that half the number of cars than usual will be able to travel from the Kent side, and queues are already building on the approach.
The Bridge reopened shortly after 10.20am, but delays still remain.
- 19/02/2018 - JAILED: Mum and partner who neglected six-week-old baby
- 19/02/2018 - D-Day Darlings perform at Mercure hotel in Maidstone
- 19/02/2018 - Police appeal after raiders try to steal ATM from filling station near Maidstone
- 19/02/2018 - Calling Bearsted dog walkers - Missing key - can you help?
- 19/02/2018 - Long delays on the M20 after broken down vehicle near Maidstone
- 19/02/2018 - Ukip leader Henry Bolton dumped over relationship with Maidstone model Jo Marney
- 16/02/2018 - GRITTING ALERT: Motorists told to be careful on roads
- 16/02/2018 - Maidstone Lib Dems warned not fritter government cash windfall