M20 disruption expected as roadworks return in earnest
Friday 12th January 2018
Highways England have just released details of roadworks likely to cause significant delays to motorists in the coming days.
A statement reads: "M20 junctions 3 to 5, Kent: smart motorways
Work to improve journeys continue this week by undertaking early vegetation clearance. Lanes one and two will be closed east and westbound between junctions 3 and 5 on Monday 15 January for five nights between 8pm and 6am.
"In addition, on Monday 15 January the eastbound exit slip road will be closed overnight between 8pm and 6am.
On Tuesday 16 January the eastbound entry slip road will be closed overnight between 8pm and 6am.
On Wednesday 17 January the westbound junction 4 exit slip road will be closed overnight between 8pm and 6am.
On Thursday 18 January the westbound entry slip road will be closed overnight between 8pm and 6am.
A clearly signed diversion will be in place for each slip road closure via the adjacent junction.
"M20 junctions 6 to 9 Maidstone, Kent: resurfacing
Work to improve journeys by resurfacing sections of the carriageway continue this week on the M20. There will be a full eastbound closure between junctions 7 and 8 on Monday 15 January for two nights, between 8pm and 6am. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A249, M2 and A251.
On Wednesday 17 January there will a westbound closure of the distributor road between junctions 6 and 5 for four nights between 8pm and 6am. The exit and entry slips at junction 6 and 5 will also be closed during these periods. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the adjacent junction.
M20 junction 10, Ashford, Kent: coring
Work to improve safety commence this week on the M20 junction 10/A2070 Bad Munstereifel roundabout. On Monday 15 January the westbound slip roads will be closed for five nights between 8pm and 6am. In addition, the A2070 Bad Munsteriefel Road will be closed in both directions between The Boulevard and junction 10 of the M20 for five nights between 8pm and 6am. Clearly signed diversions will be in place via junction 9, A20, A292, A2042, A2070 and A28."
- 18/01/2018 - Distraction burglar who targeted 92-year-old victim is jailed
- 18/01/2018 - Description issued by police searching pair who approached Maidstone schoolgirl
- 18/01/2018 - Controversial Maidstone road widening plan rejected by JTB
- 18/01/2018 - Dartford bridge remains shut after night of high winds
- 18/01/2018 - GALES: Roads blocked this morning after high winds bring down trees
- 17/01/2018 - Police issue advice as more BMWs are targeted by thieves in Maidstone
- 17/01/2018 - Warning after men in BMW approach schoolgirl in Maidstone
- 17/01/2018 - Long delays predicted on main Maidstone road