M2 fatal crash - Kent Police need witnesses
Friday 16th June 2017
Kent Police are appealing for witnesses to a fatal collision on the M2 near Faversham this morning (June 16).
A van and motorcycle were involved in a collision on the coast-bound carriageway between junctions 6 and 7 just after 8.20am on Friday 16 June 2017.
The motorcyclist, a man aged in his 20s from Medway, was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.
The carriageway was closed until 2.30pm while the road was cleared and a forensic investigation was carried out.
The incident caused severe delays and motorists are thanked for their patience.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or the moments leading up to it are asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01622 798538.
Police would also like to hear from anyone who may have footage caught on a dashcam or other device that may assist their investigation.
- 15/12/2017 - M20 - another week of disruption on the motorway for works
- 15/12/2017 - Exclusive: Private Benenden Hospital to shed jobs across board in New Year
- 15/12/2017 - Man, 60s, beaten with glass bottle in Marden business cash robbery
- 15/12/2017 - CINDERELLA: Still time to catch hilarious Hazlitt panto
- 15/12/2017 - Olympic star Courtney Tulloch returns to New Line Learning to help students
- 15/12/2017 - BREAKING: Man shot in face three times in Snodland alleyway attack
- 15/12/2017 - TRAFFIC UPDATE: A249 shut tonight for emergency repair work
- 14/12/2017 - EXCLUSIVE: Lib Dem borough councillor faces suspension over assault allegation