M2 fatal crash - Kent Police need witnesses
Kent Police are appealing for witnesses to a fatal collision on the M2 near Faversham this morning (June 16).
A van and motorcycle were involved in a collision on the coast-bound carriageway between junctions 6 and 7 just after 8.20am on Friday 16 June 2017.
The motorcyclist, a man aged in his 20s from Medway, was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.
The carriageway was closed until 2.30pm while the road was cleared and a forensic investigation was carried out.
The incident caused severe delays and motorists are thanked for their patience.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or the moments leading up to it are asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01622 798538.
Police would also like to hear from anyone who may have footage caught on a dashcam or other device that may assist their investigation.
- 23/06/2017 - Swans cause a flutter on the M20 at Leybourne
- 23/06/2017 - Larkfield Leisure Centre rewarded for being spick and span
- 23/06/2017 - Kent faces a migrant fruit-picking labour shortage
- 23/06/2017 - Delays, diversions and disruption on M20 - full details
- 23/06/2017 - Aylesford-based RBLI clinches multi-million deal with Network Rail
- 23/06/2017 - M20: diversions for works set to cause serious delays - FULL DETAILS
- 23/06/2017 - Woman, 80s, struck by car near Maidstone - police launch appeal
- 23/06/2017 - Traffic news: M20 closed again