Maidstone anti-mosque protest turns into a right-wing no show
Saturday 7th January 2017
A protest against the expansion of Maidstone mosque appeared to turn into a damp, drizzly squib this morning when the ultra-right wing South East Alliance failed to show up.
Anti-facists, pro-refugee bodies and trades unionists are outside the Islamic centre.
South East Alliance were expected to be at the scene by 11am but are not expected before 1pm.
The reason for their no-show is thought to be due to a lack of numbers.
Just two policemen are in attendance - outnumbered by the Press by four to one.
- 15/12/2017 - M20 - another week of disruption on the motorway for works
- 15/12/2017 - Exclusive: Private Benenden Hospital to shed jobs across board in New Year
- 15/12/2017 - Man, 60s, beaten with glass bottle in Marden business cash robbery
- 15/12/2017 - CINDERELLA: Still time to catch hilarious Hazlitt panto
- 15/12/2017 - Olympic star Courtney Tulloch returns to New Line Learning to help students
- 15/12/2017 - BREAKING: Man shot in face three times in Snodland alleyway attack
- 15/12/2017 - TRAFFIC UPDATE: A249 shut tonight for emergency repair work
- 14/12/2017 - EXCLUSIVE: Lib Dem borough councillor faces suspension over assault allegation