Maidstone anti-mosque protest turns into a right-wing no show
A protest against the expansion of Maidstone mosque appeared to turn into a damp, drizzly squib this morning when the ultra-right wing South East Alliance failed to show up.
Anti-facists, pro-refugee bodies and trades unionists are outside the Islamic centre.
South East Alliance were expected to be at the scene by 11am but are not expected before 1pm.
The reason for their no-show is thought to be due to a lack of numbers.
Just two policemen are in attendance - outnumbered by the Press by four to one.
- 20/01/2017 - M20 crash causes delays and queues this evening
- 20/01/2017 - Leeds Castle chief backs relief road to ease Maidstone's traffic congestion
- 20/01/2017 - Barty Farm homes get the nod - and THAT wall will come tumbling down
- 20/01/2017 - Fringe festival aims to get the town rocking
- 20/01/2017 - Caitlin is TV voice of Demelza hospice
- 20/01/2017 - Concert tribute to Maidstone's musical maestro
- 20/01/2017 - Rally driver Louise sells trophy to fund world title bid
- 20/01/2017 - M20 roadworks - delays are expected