Maidstone anti-mosque protest turns into a right-wing no show
A protest against the expansion of Maidstone mosque appeared to turn into a damp, drizzly squib this morning when the ultra-right wing South East Alliance failed to show up.
Anti-facists, pro-refugee bodies and trades unionists are outside the Islamic centre.
South East Alliance were expected to be at the scene by 11am but are not expected before 1pm.
The reason for their no-show is thought to be due to a lack of numbers.
Just two policemen are in attendance - outnumbered by the Press by four to one.
- 25/02/2017 - TRANSPORT: Proposals for Leeds to Langley relief road by end of year
- 24/02/2017 - BREAKING: A229 Blue Bell Hill blocked after prang between two vehicles
- 24/02/2017 - LATEST: Mu Mu in Week Street, Maidstone, set to reopen
- 24/02/2017 - LATEST: New Bearsted school may be sited at Kent Medical Campus - full details
- 24/02/2017 - Rogue trader alert after men seen on roof of house in Bearsted
- 24/02/2017 - Woodcut Farm appeal could be successful, warns group
- 24/02/2017 - Hollingbourne shop closure is delayed
- 24/02/2017 - Dog owners dump waste after bins are removed