Maidstone anti-mosque protest turns into a right-wing no show
Saturday 7th January 2017
A protest against the expansion of Maidstone mosque appeared to turn into a damp, drizzly squib this morning when the ultra-right wing South East Alliance failed to show up.
Anti-facists, pro-refugee bodies and trades unionists are outside the Islamic centre.
South East Alliance were expected to be at the scene by 11am but are not expected before 1pm.
The reason for their no-show is thought to be due to a lack of numbers.
Just two policemen are in attendance - outnumbered by the Press by four to one.
- 19/10/2017 - BREAKING: Police search for hit and run driver after girl is injured
- 19/10/2017 - Kent Police searching for car that failed to stop after crash
- 19/10/2017 - Teston Bridge reopens after repairs completed
- 19/10/2017 - COMMENTARY: Brexit 18 months on - by Dennis Fowle
- 19/10/2017 - Men arrested over drugs offence
- 19/10/2017 - Residents in Shepway warned to lock up sheds and lock vans - thieves at large
- 19/10/2017 - TRAFFIC UPDATE: Delays on M20 this morning after crash near Maidstone
- 18/10/2017 - Drunk jailed for killing a man on M20 - driving the WRONG way