Marks and Spencer confirms plan for new store in Maidstone
Wednesday 11th October 2017
M&S has confirmed it plans to open a new store in Maidstone.
The new outlet will be on the Eclipse Retail Park, stepping in to the spot formerly reserved by Waitrose.
Charlotte Hall, store manager at M&S Maidstone, told the Downs Mail, the decision will create a bigger and better offer for fans of the brand in the town. She added: “We’ve been serving customers in Maidstone for over a 100 years and we’re really excited about our plans to open a new store at the Eclipse Retail Park.”
As part of the move, M&S will continue to sell clothing and food from its main high-street store, but proposes closing its smaller store further down Week Street.
She finished: “The whole team will stay with M&S and, should the plans go ahead, the new store will also create new jobs.
“We’ll make sure we keep the community updated as plans progress.”
- 15/12/2017 - M20 - another week of disruption on the motorway for works
- 15/12/2017 - Exclusive: Private Benenden Hospital to shed jobs across board in New Year
- 15/12/2017 - Man, 60s, beaten with glass bottle in Marden business cash robbery
- 15/12/2017 - CINDERELLA: Still time to catch hilarious Hazlitt panto
- 15/12/2017 - Olympic star Courtney Tulloch returns to New Line Learning to help students
- 15/12/2017 - BREAKING: Man shot in face three times in Snodland alleyway attack
- 15/12/2017 - TRAFFIC UPDATE: A249 shut tonight for emergency repair work
- 14/12/2017 - EXCLUSIVE: Lib Dem borough councillor faces suspension over assault allegation