Marks and Spencer confirms plan for new store in Maidstone
Wednesday 11th October 2017
M&S has confirmed it plans to open a new store in Maidstone.
The new outlet will be on the Eclipse Retail Park, stepping in to the spot formerly reserved by Waitrose.
Charlotte Hall, store manager at M&S Maidstone, told the Downs Mail, the decision will create a bigger and better offer for fans of the brand in the town. She added: “We’ve been serving customers in Maidstone for over a 100 years and we’re really excited about our plans to open a new store at the Eclipse Retail Park.”
As part of the move, M&S will continue to sell clothing and food from its main high-street store, but proposes closing its smaller store further down Week Street.
She finished: “The whole team will stay with M&S and, should the plans go ahead, the new store will also create new jobs.
“We’ll make sure we keep the community updated as plans progress.”
- 19/10/2017 - BREAKING: Police search for hit and run driver after girl is injured
- 19/10/2017 - Kent Police searching for car that failed to stop after crash
- 19/10/2017 - Teston Bridge reopens after repairs completed
- 19/10/2017 - COMMENTARY: Brexit 18 months on - by Dennis Fowle
- 19/10/2017 - Men arrested over drugs offence
- 19/10/2017 - Residents in Shepway warned to lock up sheds and lock vans - thieves at large
- 19/10/2017 - TRAFFIC UPDATE: Delays on M20 this morning after crash near Maidstone
- 18/10/2017 - Drunk jailed for killing a man on M20 - driving the WRONG way