Nandos to open new restaurant in Aylesford near Maidstone
Friday 12th May 2017
The rumours have been flying around for months but now we can confirm – Nandos is to land in Aylesford.
The chicken restaurant is set to open at the South Aylesford Retail Park, despite the company’s denials.
Strangely they continue to want to keep their arrival secret – despite having the news plastered over a hoarding in front of the new glass-fronted building next to Pets at Home and Halfords.
There is still no date set for the opening, and job opportunities have yet to be advertised. However, the building is taking shape and, on Friday (March 12) workmen were on site.
In March Facebook user Annie Lefebve from Maidstone asked them if they were coming to Aylesford?
Nando's replied: “Hey Annie, unfortunately the rumours aren't true. Who knows, maybe we will hatch closer to you one day though.”
But now London chartered surveyor Wilkinson Williams has confirmed the rumours.
“(We) have exchanged unconditional contracts with Nando’s for a new restaurant to be built in early 2017 close to the entrance of the South Aylesford Retail Park in Maidstone,” it says on its website.
“Nando’s will be taking 3,218 sq ft at a rent of £110,000 per annum.”
And today Nandos was still playing it coy when the Downs Mail approached them.
“There might be some plans however the opening is still to be confirmed,” we were told.
Others on Facebook say Nandos is definitely coming to Aylesford.
Maddie Ivory wrote: “There's big signs up in Aylesford Retail Park saying there's a Nando's being built right now.”
And Kirsty Bridgland wrote: “Definitely true. I work near there.”
And a representative from the retail park was also keeping her cards close to her chest when approached for confirmation.
“Stay tuned to our social media pages and website for updates coming soon about new store openings,” she said.
- 19/10/2017 - BREAKING: Police search for hit and run driver after girl is injured
- 19/10/2017 - Kent Police searching for car that failed to stop after crash
- 19/10/2017 - Teston Bridge reopens after repairs completed
- 19/10/2017 - COMMENTARY: Brexit 18 months on - by Dennis Fowle
- 19/10/2017 - Men arrested over drugs offence
- 19/10/2017 - Residents in Shepway warned to lock up sheds and lock vans - thieves at large
- 19/10/2017 - TRAFFIC UPDATE: Delays on M20 this morning after crash near Maidstone
- 18/10/2017 - Drunk jailed for killing a man on M20 - driving the WRONG way