Why Maidstone people are among luckiest in the UK
Friday 11th August 2017
PEOPLE living in the ME postcode area, which includes Maidstone, are among the luckiest in the country, according to lottery firm Camelot.
The area now ranks fourth in the country for lottery top prize winners per head of adult population during the last two years, with 37 lucky residents in the ME postcode celebrating a win of £50,000 or more since 2015. Of those lucky winners eight have become lottery millionaires.
Since the launch of The National Lottery, 48 millionaires have been made in ME. Big winners include florist Con Smith (pictured) of Snodland, who scooped £247,463 on a EuroMillions lucky dip earlier this year. In addition, 463 players sporting the postcode have banked a top tier prize of at least £50,000.
National Lottery spokesman Andy Carter said: “The ME postcode has certainly recorded a bumper couple of years, long may that run of luck continue. We’ve been delighted to welcome these lucky ME ticketholders to the ever-expanding lottery winners club and there’s always room for more.”
- 19/10/2017 - BREAKING: Police search for hit and run driver after girl is injured
- 19/10/2017 - Kent Police searching for car that failed to stop after crash
- 19/10/2017 - Teston Bridge reopens after repairs completed
- 19/10/2017 - COMMENTARY: Brexit 18 months on - by Dennis Fowle
- 19/10/2017 - Men arrested over drugs offence
- 19/10/2017 - Residents in Shepway warned to lock up sheds and lock vans - thieves at large
- 19/10/2017 - TRAFFIC UPDATE: Delays on M20 this morning after crash near Maidstone
- 18/10/2017 - Drunk jailed for killing a man on M20 - driving the WRONG way