Why Maidstone people are among luckiest in the UK
Friday 11th August 2017
PEOPLE living in the ME postcode area, which includes Maidstone, are among the luckiest in the country, according to lottery firm Camelot.
The area now ranks fourth in the country for lottery top prize winners per head of adult population during the last two years, with 37 lucky residents in the ME postcode celebrating a win of £50,000 or more since 2015. Of those lucky winners eight have become lottery millionaires.
Since the launch of The National Lottery, 48 millionaires have been made in ME. Big winners include florist Con Smith (pictured) of Snodland, who scooped £247,463 on a EuroMillions lucky dip earlier this year. In addition, 463 players sporting the postcode have banked a top tier prize of at least £50,000.
National Lottery spokesman Andy Carter said: “The ME postcode has certainly recorded a bumper couple of years, long may that run of luck continue. We’ve been delighted to welcome these lucky ME ticketholders to the ever-expanding lottery winners club and there’s always room for more.”
- 15/12/2017 - M20 - another week of disruption on the motorway for works
- 15/12/2017 - Exclusive: Private Benenden Hospital to shed jobs across board in New Year
- 15/12/2017 - Man, 60s, beaten with glass bottle in Marden business cash robbery
- 15/12/2017 - CINDERELLA: Still time to catch hilarious Hazlitt panto
- 15/12/2017 - Olympic star Courtney Tulloch returns to New Line Learning to help students
- 15/12/2017 - BREAKING: Man shot in face three times in Snodland alleyway attack
- 15/12/2017 - TRAFFIC UPDATE: A249 shut tonight for emergency repair work
- 14/12/2017 - EXCLUSIVE: Lib Dem borough councillor faces suspension over assault allegation