KENT BUSINESS SUMMIT 2018
SHAPING KENT’S FUTURE IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY
Sibson Building - Kent Business School - University of Kent
Friday 12 January 2018
With the Brexit negotiations now officially underway, Kent businesses are readying themselves for the time after the UK leaves the European Union. But how does one prepare for the unknown? In light of the falling pound, a possible return to border controls and stricter immigration rules, how does one build a resilient business that can weather an extended period of economic uncertainty? And, most importantly: how can businesses take advantage of their location in Kent?
At the exclusive half-day summit Shaping Kent’s future in a global economy, organised by Kent Business School (KBS) in partnership with the Institute of Directors (IOD) and the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB), Kent business leaders will share ideas, experience and expertise on how to prepare for the UK’s exit from the European Union.
By providing a platform for businesses to discuss their Brexit action plans, KBS and its partners want to help build a resilient Kent’s business community, and facilitate engagement with MPs and government about the challenges and opportunities ahead. The outcomes of the summit will inform research into the short and long-term economic implications for the first country to leave the EU.
The summit is chaired by Louise Stewart, former political editor for BBC Southeast and current Head of Communications for the FSB.
Objectives Kent Business Summit 2018
- Bringing a realistic but constructive message about the way forward for Kent entrepreneurs
- Monitoring the economic implications of Brexit for local/regional business to feed into Brexit-related research at KBS/University of Kent
- Drawing up action plans for Kent businesses pending Brexit
- Engaging in conversation with Kent MPs and local government on business support required
Who should attend
Owners and directors from small and medium-sized businesses (including start-ups) and corporates who wish to have a constructive dialogue on the way forward for the Kent business community.
What do we offer
- An exclusive half-day summit with a round table breakfast, national and international speakers and a panel discussion at Kent Business School’s state of the art new Sibson building on Canterbury campus
- The opportunity to meet and share experiences with other Kent business leaders, local MPs and government representatives, University academics and business network organisations
- A summit report published post-event
- A limited-spaces ticket lunch (optional) with local MPs post-event
To register for the event, please go here: https://www.kent.ac.uk/kbs/news-events/index.html?view=6097
For more information on the event, please contact Floortje Hoette at firstname.lastname@example.org or via tel. 01227 824068