3 YEARS: Drug dealer jailed after undercover officers seize hidden drugs
Wednesday 10th July 2019
A HEROIN and crack cocaine dealer has been jailed after police found over £800 worth of drugs in his possession in Maidstone.
Andrew Bryant-Bell (35,) was spotted at around 9.30am on April 16 2019 by plain-clothed officers who were on patrol. The officers saw him walk out of an alleyway in St Peter Street, where a group of known drug users were standing.
He got into the passenger seat of a car which drove to Lower Stone Street and stopped outside a shop. Police approached the vehicle and Bryant-Bell was arrested. They also seized four mobile phones and £160.
One of the phones contained messages relating to drug dealing and he was charged with possession of controlled drugs with intent to supply.
Following a search at the police station, officers suspected he had drugs hidden about his person. After 192 hours in custody, he handed investigators a bag containing 35 heroin deals and 48 crack cocaine deals. These have an estimated street value of £820.
Appearing at Maidstone Crown Court on May 15, Bryant-Bell of Third Avenue in Essex pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three years and four months in prison on Tuesday, July 9.
District Commander, Chief Inspector Ray Quiller said: “Bryant-Bell came to Maidstone with a significant amount of Class A drugs and believed he could avoid arrest by hiding the cocaine and heroin.
“Our plain clothes officers are diligent in their searches and will take measures to seize drugs, wherever they are secreted.
“This sentence should send a message to dealers that if they visit this town they will swiftly be brought to justice.”
- ASSAULT: Woman kicked in face by man in Week St, Maidstone - did you see it?
- EVENT: The Multicultural Society to put on charity fashion show in Maidstone
- CHARITY: League donates £50k to Maidstone Hospital
- WARNING: Stay out of lakes after 'deadly bird bug' outbreak in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: Lanes remain blocked following vehicle blaze
- 5 YEARS: Dangerous driver jailed after killing 22-year-old man near Maidstone
- COURT: Serial shoplifter Matthew Gillett stole hoover to buy heroin in Maidstone
- ALERT: M20 closed as fire crews fight vehicle blaze