999 BLAZE: Fire destroys garage and cars near Maidstone
Monday 27th September 2021
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a garage fire in Wateringbury.
Three fire engines attended the property in Cobbs Close at around 1.47pm on September 26.
Crews wore breathing apparatus while they extinguished the flames using hose reel jets.
Nobody was injured and the fire started accidentally due to an electrical fault. The fire destroyed the converted garage and spread to two parked cars on the driveway and fencing.
The fire also caused some heat damage to an adjourning conservatory.
- CLOSED: Village road to shut
- WARNING: Fallen tree shuts road near Maidstone
- CCTV APPEAL: Man in his 60s targeted in distraction cash theft
- VAN CRASH: Two men arrested following 'motorcycle theft' near Maidstone
- LIB DEM CRISIS: Two more council resignations being considered
- LOCAL BOOST: Elmer Parade's £7m injection into local economy
- COVID-19 LATEST: Children aged 12 to 15 to be offered jab
- WARNING: Heavy rain to hit Maidstone tonight