999: Driver airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following major crash
Thursday 8th July 2021
A DRIVER has been airlifted to Kings College Hospital following a serious collision on Linton Hill.
The crash happened at around 9.40am today just south of Linton Crossroads, from Wheelers Lane to Heath Road (Leeds turn off).
The junction was shut in both directions whilst ambulance crews attended the scene.
A South East Coast Ambulance spokesman said: "I can confirm we were called at approximately 9.40am today to reports of an RTC involving a vehicle and a lorry on Linton Road (A229) at Loose.
"Ambulance crews attended and were joined at the scene by the air ambulance service. One person was assessed and treated at the scene before being airlifted to Kings College Hospital in a serious condition."
A Kent Police spokesman said: "Officers attended along with ambulance and fire crews and the driver of the car has been taken to a hospital in London. Road closures remain in place."
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone