A249 DEATH: Motorcyclist named as Joe 'Gibbo' Gibbons
Friday 14th September 2018
A motorcyclist two died yesterday after a collision on the A249 was named today as scaffolder Joseph 'Gibbo' Gibbons.
Mr Gibbons, 30, died after the crash with a people carrier.
Kent Police refused to confirm his identity officially but reports have emerged with his name and quotes attributed to his family in Merseyside.
In one report, dad Alan said: "We don’t blame anyone, we don’t feel any anger. We just feel deep, deep sadness.
"We just want to get our boy home now. We’re going to celebrate his life when we get him back and remember only the good things.
"I’m sure that his funeral will be huge because Liverpool takes care of its own. We’re used to tragedy in Liverpool.
"I want to say to your readers to hold your loved ones close because life is fragile."
MP Helen Whately said of Mr Gibbons' death: "Tragic. Whatever happened in this awful accident, it’s a reminder that the A249 is not fit for purpose.."
Kent 999s Tweeted: "A249 update: A motorcyclist in his 30s who died when his Yamaha motorcycle collided with a grey Renault people carrier on the Sittingbourne-bound carriageway of the A249 around 6:25am yesterday morning has been named by friends as “Joe Gibbo”, who worked as a scaffolder."
- ASSAULT: Woman kicked in face by man in Week St, Maidstone - did you see it?
- EVENT: The Multicultural Society to put on charity fashion show in Maidstone
- CHARITY: League donates £50k to Maidstone Hospital
- WARNING: Stay out of lakes after 'deadly bird bug' outbreak in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: Lanes remain blocked following vehicle blaze
- 5 YEARS: Dangerous driver jailed after killing 22-year-old man near Maidstone
- COURT: Serial shoplifter Matthew Gillett stole hoover to buy heroin in Maidstone
- ALERT: M20 closed as fire crews fight vehicle blaze