ALERT: Changes to bus timetables in Maidstone
Tuesday 12th June 2018
ROADWORKS in Maidstone have led to alternative services being introduced by Nu-Venture.
The bus company has announced timetable changes from Monday, June 18 effecting the town centre and Allington as well as certain villages.
The 79A and 79C services will be temporarily withdrawn because of roadworks - expected to take five months - and will be replaced by Nu-Venture buses N and S.
Bus N will serve the north of the A20 from Maidstone town centre via London Road, Hildenborough Crescent, Newbury Avenue, Tintern Road and Grace Avenue, back to London Road then Maidstone town centre. Bus S will serve south of the A20, from Maidstone town centre via London Road, Poplar Grove, Palace Wood and Howard Drive, terminating in the Maxwell Drive area where extensive roadworks are planned. Buses then return via Howard Drive and Poplar Grove back to London Road and the town centre.
Route 6A is re-numbered to 506 from June 18, with an additional journey at 14.48 on Mondays from Barming to Maidstone.
Also from June 18, the new 56X will run between Kings Hill, via the M20, to and from Maidstone schools on the London Road.
Nu Venture’s boss Norman Kemp said: “In general terms, current service levels are being retained. This is more 'moving the furniture' to ensure the best-possible reliability.”
However, Nu Venture will permanently withdraw its Number 65 Sutton Valence service, due to a lack of use by local schools, according to the company.
Its 28 service is also to be re-extended at Marden to serve Albion Road/Plain Road, with a revised timetable.
Alternative routes for Nu-Venture’s 22, 25 and 26 routes will be introduced from July 3 because of the closure of Hunton Hill.
Arriva also has announced big changes from July 8.
- 21/08/2018 - 27-year-old in court on charge of burglary in Yalding
- 21/08/2018 - Tribute to county council's former deputy leader
- 20/08/2018 - Diary date for walkers looking for an outing in September
- 20/08/2018 - CHARGED: Tovil man in custody after being charged with burglary
- 20/08/2018 - Maidstone company limber up for two-day charity event
- 20/08/2018 - Network Rail: Plan ahead when travelling by train over bank holiday weekend
- 20/08/2018 - Headcorn family contacted after body found in wood
- 20/08/2018 - Crews called to fire at flat in Maidstone at the weekend