ALERT: Parents warned of 'large scale' schools fight near Snodland tonight
Friday 12th July 2019
PARENTS have been warned to "monitor the movements of their children" this evening as rumours of a large scale fight surface in Snodland.
Unconfirmed reports on social media which claim to come from a school say: "A rumour that a large scale fight between young people from Strood and Snodland has been organised for tonight at Neville Park in Snodland.
“We have not picked up anything from our students... however, we would recommend all parents to monitor the movements of their children this evening in order to keep them safe.”
The notice claims there is likely to be an increased police presence in the area.
Police Sergeant Jon Turtle of the Tonbridge and Malling Community Safety Unit said: "Kent Police officers and PCSOs regularly liaise with schools regarding local issues that may affect young people. This can include discussions about crime and antisocial behaviour, and how to prevent it.
"Sometimes officers have very little information to act upon but that does not prevent them from speaking to school staff as part of their enquiries and to offer advice."
- ASSAULT: Woman kicked in face by man in Week St, Maidstone - did you see it?
- EVENT: The Multicultural Society to put on charity fashion show in Maidstone
- CHARITY: League donates £50k to Maidstone Hospital
- WARNING: Stay out of lakes after 'deadly bird bug' outbreak in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: Lanes remain blocked following vehicle blaze
- 5 YEARS: Dangerous driver jailed after killing 22-year-old man near Maidstone
- COURT: Serial shoplifter Matthew Gillett stole hoover to buy heroin in Maidstone
- ALERT: M20 closed as fire crews fight vehicle blaze