APPEAL: Police try to track down dangerous driver seen driving wrong way on M20
Thursday 15th July 2021
POLICE are trying to track down a dangerous driver last seen near Leybourne.
The incident happened at around 5pm on Saturday, July 10 after a black VW Golf failed to stop for a police patrol near Wrotham Heath.
The vehicle is alleged to have driven the wrong way up the slip road at junction 2A of the M26, before continuing along the motorway against the flow of traffic onto the M20.
It was last seen exiting at junction 4 of the M20, near Leybourne.
Investigating officer, PC Phil Burns, said: “We are appealing for witnesses who saw the VW Golf on the M26 and M20, or after it left the motorway. In particular, motorists with dashcam are asked to check for footage that may assist the investigation.”
Anyone with information who has not yet spoken to the police should call 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/121319/21.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone