APPROVED: 106 new homes given go ahead at controversial site in Allington
Friday 16th July 2021
PERMISSION for 106 homes at a controversial site in Allington has been approved.
The units will include a mix of bungalows, houses, and apartments in land just off Beaver Road.
Maidstone’s planning committee could only discuss permission concerning a very small parcel of land which holds the access road to the site.
The rest of the site was already granted outline permission by Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council back in January as it sits in their catchment area.
Cllr Cynthia Robertson, who represents Allington, said in an earlier meeting: “It has become and more and more apparent that the A20 junction will be overloaded.
“Local people feel very aggrieved that Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council are allowing building right up to our borough boundary with no regard to the affect this has on the quality of life here in Allington.”
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone