ARMED ROBBERY: Man, 31, arrested after 'threatening shop assistant with knife'
Thursday 19th November 2020
A SUSPECTED armed robber has been arrested after a threatening a shop assistant with a knife.
At around 10.20pm on Wednesday, November 18, a man is reported to have entered a shop in Lower Stone Street, whilst holding the weapon.
It is alleged he stole a quantity of cash from the till and a bottle of whisky, and threatened a shop assistant before leaving the premises.
Following enquiries by attending officers, a 31-year-old man from Maidstone was later arrested on suspicion of robbery and taken into custody.
Officers also seized a knife.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- CCTV APPEAL: Car with false number plates linked to Maidstone fuel theft
- LATEST: Person hit by train at West Malling railway station
- BREAKING: Person hit by train near Maidstone
- HAZLITT LATEST: Maidstone performers share their talents to unite theatre-lovers
- CUSTODY: Man charged following knifepoint robbery in Maidstone
- BAILED: Woman 'spilt noxious substance' on shop worker in Maidstone
- HOUSING: Otham 440-houses appeal closes - Maidstone awaits its fate