ARRESTED: Three people in custody as fight breaks out at the Archbishops Palace
Thursday 8th November 2018
THREE people were arrested at the Archbishops Palace at lunch time today, following reports of a disturbance.
More than a dozen police officers in four squad cars raced to the scene in the centre of Maidstone after a fight broke out, according to reports.
The incident may have been linked to an inquest being held at the coroners court at the palace.
A Kent Police spokesperson said: “Kent Police was called at 12.49pm on Thursday 8 November regarding a reported disturbance at the Archbishop’s Palace, Mill Street, and Maidstone.
“Officers attended the scene where three people were arrested in connection with the incident. They remain in police custody.”
- Excited Mayor opens children's play area near Maidstone
- Tory leader's tributes to predecessor who defected to indies
- Road closed for five days near Maidstone
- Maidstone YMCA create short film about all the work staff and parents do
- Artist's exhibition near Maidstone to help fund Parkinson's disease research
- CLOSED: Five day road closure near Maidstone for carriageway repair works
- LEEDS WI: Group celebrates 100 years in village
- M20: Broken traffic lights causing long delays