ARRESTED: Three people in custody as fight breaks out at the Archbishops Palace
Thursday 8th November 2018
THREE people were arrested at the Archbishops Palace at lunch time today, following reports of a disturbance.
More than a dozen police officers in four squad cars raced to the scene in the centre of Maidstone after a fight broke out, according to reports.
The incident may have been linked to an inquest being held at the coroners court at the palace.
A Kent Police spokesperson said: “Kent Police was called at 12.49pm on Thursday 8 November regarding a reported disturbance at the Archbishop’s Palace, Mill Street, and Maidstone.
“Officers attended the scene where three people were arrested in connection with the incident. They remain in police custody.”
- Landowner reveals 1,000 homes plans as council 'call for sites' deadline passes
- WARNING: Restrictions in place from next week on rural road - details
- Shaina Marston and Damian Parsonage accused of stealing meat and Easter eggs
- CRASH: Collision blocks roundabout near Maidstone - expect long delays
- Busy village road near Maidstone to shut for urgent road works
- Drunken science teacher smashed car into lamp post in Maidstone
- LIFE IN PRISON: Minimum 32 years for house blaze killer Simon Childs
- Tributes to Lib Dem activist and ex-Mayor Brian Mortimer who died this morning