ARRESTED: Three people in custody as fight breaks out at the Archbishops Palace
Thursday 8th November 2018
THREE people were arrested at the Archbishops Palace at lunch time today, following reports of a disturbance.
More than a dozen police officers in four squad cars raced to the scene in the centre of Maidstone after a fight broke out, according to reports.
The incident may have been linked to an inquest being held at the coroners court at the palace.
A Kent Police spokesperson said: “Kent Police was called at 12.49pm on Thursday 8 November regarding a reported disturbance at the Archbishop’s Palace, Mill Street, and Maidstone.
“Officers attended the scene where three people were arrested in connection with the incident. They remain in police custody.”
- LOWER THAMES CROSSING: Consultation enters its final week
- CRASH: Collision near Maidstone causing long delays in both directions
- Gritting Kent announce they will be treating all primary routes tonight
- Motorway crash causing long delays
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic signals in Maidstone
- ROAD CLOSED: Busy road near Maidstone SHUT for SIX DAYS from today
- Lorry and car collide on A229 - long delays
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: Car crashes into Teston Bridge - massive congestion and delays