ARSON ATTACK: Maidstone man in custody following house blaze
Thursday 7th November 2019
A MAN has been arrested following a suspected arson attack in Maidstone.
Officers, the South East Coast Ambulance Service and Kent Fire and Rescue Service attended a private address in Square Hill Road following reports of a fire at 12.40am on Thursday, November 7.
Fire crews extinguished the fire and no injuries were reported by the occupants.
A Kent Police spokesman said: "A 25-year-old man from the Maidstone area was arrested on suspicion of arson and assaulting a police officer. He remains in police custody while the investigation continues."
- CASHLESS COUNCIL: Maidstone BC has not finalised PayPoint contract - details
- HOUSING: Historic East Farleigh must be kept special - campaigner
- POLICE APPEAL: Did you see supermarket smash and grab robbers?
- M20 ROADWORKS: Details of closures in the week ahead
- LORRY DRAMA: Polish truck narrowly avoids disaster
- STORE ROBBERY: Theives attempt smash and grab at supermarket near Maidstone
- HOUSE BLAZE: GoFundMe page set up to help family after Maidstone house fire
- Loose Road reopens after closure for house fire