ARSON: Businessman lost everything when firebug thieves struck his premises
Wednesday 18th September 2019
A BUSINESS owner has been forced to start again from scratch after arsonists burnt his premises to the ground.
Craig Judge, 34, of Kingswood, ran the company from a unit on an industrial unit off Gravelly Bottom Road near Langley.
But when criminals broke in during the early hours of September 14, they took some tools and a motorbike with a value of £2,000.
Everything else, including expensive kit, wardrobes and materials were destroyed.
Mr Judge believes the thieves burnt down his premises, where his team built wardrobes and had recently constructed showroom displays, to destroy CCTV.
The businessman, who is concerned he was "under-insured", estimates he is around £150,000 out of pocket.
The fire was so intense it buckled the roof, crumbled solid brick walls and melted the large, specialist equipment he relies on to make his bespoke products.
Mr Judge hopes to move into temporary premises shortly to honour the orders on his books but will need premises of about 3,000 - 5,000sq ft. If you can help, call Craig on 07951 730848.
Police say they are working to establish the cause of the fire in alongside Kent Fire and Rescue Service.
Anyone with information regarding the fire, or if you saw anything suspicious in the area during the late evening of Friday, September 13, into the early morning of the following day, is asked to call Kent Police on 01622 604100 quoting 46/176907/19.
FULL STORY IN THE NEXT WEALD EDITION OF DOWNS MAIL
- HOUSING: Campaign petition starts against Lib Dem council's 14-floor tower block
- FINED: Jason Yardley drunkenly smashed his way out of bus in Maidstone
- Leeds land could be used for retirement complex expansion
- TRAFFIC NEWS: Broken down bus causing delays in Maidstone
- COURT SHAME: Gareth Bailey threatened to torch girlfriend's house in Maidstone
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, disruption and diversions - full details
- COURT: Carl Bailey's drunken outburst at police in Maidstone town centre
- Expert gives talk on menopause - details