ATTEMPTED MURDER: Man in serious condition after park attack - suspect charged
Friday 4th June 2021
A MAN has been charged with attempted murder following a serious assault in Brenchley Gardens.
Hamdi Braiek, 33, of Hart Street, has been remanded to a hearing at Maidstone Crown Court on July 2.
A man, aged in his 30s, was assaulted at around 7.20pm on May 30 near Station Road and remains in a serious but stable condition.
A 39-year-old Maidstone man was also detained and has been bailed to return to the police station on June 28.
Officers are continuing to appeal for witnesses to the assault, which is believed to have taken place shortly after 7pm, or anyone with private CCTV or dashcam footage that may assist the investigation, to contact the appeal line.
Anybody with information should call Kent Police on 01622 604100 quoting 46/92564/21.
You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or by using the anonymous form on their website.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone