Adrian Hart of Hollingbourne jailed for sex offences
Friday 10th August 2018
POLICE have praised the bravery of a victim in coming forward and reporting non-recent sexual abuse has led to a 12-year prison sentence for a man from Hollingbourne.
Adrian Hart (51) of Musket Lane, will also serve an additional three years on licence under the terms of an extended sentence and will be put on the Sex Offenders’ Register for life.
Between June and August 1999, Hart befriended his victim, who was of secondary school age, and instigated a sexual relationship. Hart was 32 years old.
Seven years later he tried to make contact with his victim again via social media. In September 2016, the victim contacted police and reported the abuse.
Hart pleaded guilty to five counts of rape of a child and two counts of indecent assault on a child and was sentencing at Maidstone Crown Court on Friday, August 10
Investigating Officer Detective Constable Victoria Carter said: “I hope Hart’s sentence is of some comfort to the victim and her family. She showed immense bravery and courage in coming forward and recounting what was an incredibly traumatic time in her life.
“The sentence reflects the seriousness of these offences and the impact they had on those involved.
“I would like to take this opportunity to encourage anyone who has been a victim of abuse, regardless of how much time has passed, that Kent Police will listen and support you throughout the judicial process and beyond.”
- M20 ROADWORKS: Details of closures and disruption in coming days
- Headcorn to get a new nursery at primary school
- Leeds Castle launches 900th anniversary celebrations for 201C
- UPDATE: Kent Highways release update on Barming sinkhole road re-opening
- Government confirms its pledge to bring Thameslink rail service to Maidstone
- Take Me Out are giving away free tickets for eleventh series in Maidstone
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: Village reopens after water leak closure
- Stranded couple allowed back home after newborn tragedy