Adrian Hart of Hollingbourne jailed for sex offences
Friday 10th August 2018
POLICE have praised the bravery of a victim in coming forward and reporting non-recent sexual abuse has led to a 12-year prison sentence for a man from Hollingbourne.
Adrian Hart (51) of Musket Lane, will also serve an additional three years on licence under the terms of an extended sentence and will be put on the Sex Offenders’ Register for life.
Between June and August 1999, Hart befriended his victim, who was of secondary school age, and instigated a sexual relationship. Hart was 32 years old.
Seven years later he tried to make contact with his victim again via social media. In September 2016, the victim contacted police and reported the abuse.
Hart pleaded guilty to five counts of rape of a child and two counts of indecent assault on a child and was sentencing at Maidstone Crown Court on Friday, August 10
Investigating Officer Detective Constable Victoria Carter said: “I hope Hart’s sentence is of some comfort to the victim and her family. She showed immense bravery and courage in coming forward and recounting what was an incredibly traumatic time in her life.
“The sentence reflects the seriousness of these offences and the impact they had on those involved.
“I would like to take this opportunity to encourage anyone who has been a victim of abuse, regardless of how much time has passed, that Kent Police will listen and support you throughout the judicial process and beyond.”
- Landowner reveals 1,000 homes plans as council 'call for sites' deadline passes
- WARNING: Restrictions in place from next week on rural road - details
- Shaina Marston and Damian Parsonage accused of stealing meat and Easter eggs
- CRASH: Collision blocks roundabout near Maidstone - expect long delays
- Busy village road near Maidstone to shut for urgent road works
- Drunken science teacher smashed car into lamp post in Maidstone
- LIFE IN PRISON: Minimum 32 years for house blaze killer Simon Childs
- Tributes to Lib Dem activist and ex-Mayor Brian Mortimer who died this morning