Adrian Hart of Hollingbourne jailed for sex offences
Friday 10th August 2018
POLICE have praised the bravery of a victim in coming forward and reporting non-recent sexual abuse has led to a 12-year prison sentence for a man from Hollingbourne.
Adrian Hart (51) of Musket Lane, will also serve an additional three years on licence under the terms of an extended sentence and will be put on the Sex Offenders’ Register for life.
Between June and August 1999, Hart befriended his victim, who was of secondary school age, and instigated a sexual relationship. Hart was 32 years old.
Seven years later he tried to make contact with his victim again via social media. In September 2016, the victim contacted police and reported the abuse.
Hart pleaded guilty to five counts of rape of a child and two counts of indecent assault on a child and was sentencing at Maidstone Crown Court on Friday, August 10
Investigating Officer Detective Constable Victoria Carter said: “I hope Hart’s sentence is of some comfort to the victim and her family. She showed immense bravery and courage in coming forward and recounting what was an incredibly traumatic time in her life.
“The sentence reflects the seriousness of these offences and the impact they had on those involved.
“I would like to take this opportunity to encourage anyone who has been a victim of abuse, regardless of how much time has passed, that Kent Police will listen and support you throughout the judicial process and beyond.”
- 21/08/2018 - 27-year-old in court on charge of burglary in Yalding
- 21/08/2018 - Tribute to county council's former deputy leader
- 20/08/2018 - Diary date for walkers looking for an outing in September
- 20/08/2018 - CHARGED: Tovil man in custody after being charged with burglary
- 20/08/2018 - Maidstone company limber up for two-day charity event
- 20/08/2018 - Network Rail: Plan ahead when travelling by train over bank holiday weekend
- 20/08/2018 - Headcorn family contacted after body found in wood
- 20/08/2018 - Crews called to fire at flat in Maidstone at the weekend