Air ambulance open evening
Tuesday 12th November 2013
Meet the team of the Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance at an open evening on Thursday, November 14.
The free event at the Holiday Inn in Wrotham starts at 7pm.
There will be presentations from the chairman and chief executive and clinical leads from the charity will talk about service development, patient outcomes and operating at night.
Medical director for the charity, Dr Malcolm Russell, said: “With medicine and technology always developing rapidly, our charity has kept right at the forefront and this year has been particularly exciting. Come along and hear how we’ve brought blood transfusion to the roadside and transformed into a 24-hour operation in order to reach even more sick and injured patients in our community.”
Every day the air ambulance’s specialist medical teams respond to an average of six calls, taking advanced pre-hospital care directly to seriously ill and injured patients.
For more information, email Jill Playle at email@example.com or ring 01622 833833.
- BIRTHDAY APPEAL: Can you help Ivy Watson mark her 100th birthday?
- 'DRINK DRIVE': Katy Sue Lafferty up in court on Monday on booze charges
- CLOSED: Road to shut for street light works near Maidstone
- VILLAGE CLOSURE: Road to shut with no diversion route
- POLICE FIGURES: More than 10% of Kent's sex offenders live in Maidstone
- Leeds am-dram raises £400 for charities after summer plays
- LATEST: 'Extinct' Maidstone bee found in country parkland
- BREAKING: Multiple traffic lights not working in Maidstone