Arrests made over security van incident in Larkfield
Tuesday 13th February 2018
TWO men have been arrested in connection with the blackmail of a security van driver in Larkfield.
Serious crimes officers from Kent and Essex have been investigating allegations involving demands for money and a cash-in-transit vehicle, following an incident in November last year.
It was reported that at around 10am an employee returned to his security van, parked off London Road, and found a written demand for cash had been placed in the door. It is alleged the message also contained threats of harm. No money was stolen during the incident.
The arrests were made in the Hastings area yesterday (February 12).
Two men, aged 32 and 57, were arrested on suspicion of blackmail. Both have been released pending further investigation.
- 21/05/2018 - Southeastern hail positive first weekday of new timetable
- 21/05/2018 - Former Maidstone man jailed for sexually abusing children
- 21/05/2018 - Police issue photo of man they want to talk to over Maidstone alley attack
- 21/05/2018 - Police officers honoured after Maidstone car rescue
- 21/05/2018 - POLITICS: Tories fail to take control of the council - Lib Dems back in
- 21/05/2018 - Wendy hopes to raise £5,000 to offer more friends to lonely in Maidstone
- 21/05/2018 - TRAFFIC: A20 near Maidstone shut after van overturns at roundabout
- 18/05/2018 - 'Rogue trader' arrested in bank as OAP withdrew cash