Aylesford Newsprint chimneys demolished
Friday 11th August 2017
WORK on dismantling iconic structures at Aylesford Newsprint is underway – three years after the shock closure of the factory.
Two of the four tall chimneys which have dominated the landscape around Aylesford and Larkfield for decades have been dismantled in sections, with the demolition of the remaining pair to follow.
The 100-acre site, on the New Hythe Business Park, closed suddenly in March 2015 with the loss of 230 jobs and is set to be redeveloped with new homes and business use.
- 20/03/2018 - Police release CCTV images over Maidstone cannabis factory
- 20/03/2018 - Stones swoop to bring in Hull City striker
- 20/03/2018 - Water plans for Aylesford Newsprint site on display
- 19/03/2018 - Warnings of delays after M20 accident
- 19/03/2018 - Roadworks cancelled due to cold weather
- 19/03/2018 - Plea for allotment owners to contact police after thefts
- 16/03/2018 - ATTEMPTED MURDER: Man stabbed at house a after four-man break-in
- 16/03/2018 - CLOSURE: Busy Maidstone road to be shut - full details