BAILED: John Devall 'spat at nurse and verbally abused officers' in Maidstone
Monday 21st June 2021
A SUSPECTED thief reportedly spat at a nurse and verbally abused police officers.
John Devall (37) of London Road, Maidstone, allegedly entered Marks and Spencer in Week Street at around 8pm on June 14 and stole a quantity of clothing.
Two days later, he was detained in the High Street in connection with the incident.
A Kent Police spokesman said: "Whilst in custody, a police patrol took him to hospital for medical attention where it is alleged he spat on a nurse and made threats towards her."
He is also said to have verbally abused officers who were present.
Mr Devall was later charged with theft, assaulting an emergency worker and two public order offences.
Mr Devall appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court where he was released on conditional bail to attend Maidstone Magistrates' Court on July 19.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone