BAILED: Woman 'spilt noxious substance' on shop worker in Maidstone
Tuesday 1st December 2020
A WOMAN allegedly spilt a 'noxious substance' on a member of staff at Tesco Express in Maidstone.
The suspect, a local woman in her 40s, entered the Tonbridge Road store at around 4.40pm on November 20.
A member of staff challenged the woman, who became increasingly aggressive, and spilt the toxic substance on the worker.
The victim did not suffer any injury and the woman was arrested on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon in a public place and committing a public order offence.
She was later bailed to return to police on December 14. The substance has not been confirmed at this stage.
Investigators are urging anyone who saw the incident and has not yet spoken to officers to call the appeal line on 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/207619/20.
You can also call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or complete the online form.
- ROAD CLOSURE: Six day closure for another burst water main
- 999: Police arrest suspected drug dealer in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: MP lashes out at 'smart motorways' after deaths
- FOUND: Police find missing 34-year-old Maidstone man - details
- WARNING: Busy road shuts for EIGHT DAYS for pipe repair works
- URGENT APPEAL: Police search for missing Maidstone man
- WARNING: Power outage affecting homes and traffic lights near Maidstone
- LEEDS DIVERSION: Busy road to shut for pothole blitz