BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
Friday 23rd August 2019
The work to complete the "smart" motorway project on the M20 will affect the bank holiday and into next week in both directions.
A statement from the contractors says:
Work to reduce congestion and improve journey times continues this week with narrow lanes and a reduced speed limit of 50mph both coast and London bound 24/7. Free recovery service and speed enforcement are in place to ensure drivers and road workers safety.
Monday 26 August to 01 September (inclusive)
27, 28, 29, 30, 31 August - there will be various lane 1 & 2 closures on the main M20 London bound and coastbound.
01 September – there will be a full overnight closure of the M20 London bound between junctions 6 and 4. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A229, M2, A228.
These closures are overnight only between 8pm and 6am.
- CLOSED: Emergency water leak repair shuts road for FOUR DAYS - details
- PANTO NEWS: Blazing sunshine for Hazlitt's Beauty & the Beast
- ROAD CLOSURE: Busy highway near Maidstone to shut for BT work - details
- HOUSING: Council announces 5,000 homes for Lenham as 'master developer'
- Kent Police step in to reassure drivers after Highways England blunder
- ARSON: Businessman lost everything when firebug thieves struck his premises
- ANDRE BENT MURDER: More arrests
- Council rejects calls to halt house-building so infrastructure can catch up