BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
Friday 23rd August 2019
The work to complete the "smart" motorway project on the M20 will affect the bank holiday and into next week in both directions.
A statement from the contractors says:
Work to reduce congestion and improve journey times continues this week with narrow lanes and a reduced speed limit of 50mph both coast and London bound 24/7. Free recovery service and speed enforcement are in place to ensure drivers and road workers safety.
Monday 26 August to 01 September (inclusive)
27, 28, 29, 30, 31 August - there will be various lane 1 & 2 closures on the main M20 London bound and coastbound.
01 September – there will be a full overnight closure of the M20 London bound between junctions 6 and 4. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A229, M2, A228.
These closures are overnight only between 8pm and 6am.
- BREAKING: Broken down car transporter blocks main road in Maidstone
- GAS LEAK: Long delays on main road for repair works in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Broken down lorry blocks motorway in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Child injured in house blaze near Maidstone
- BREAKING: HGV driver wrecked property and drove off - police called but no show
- GUILTY: Violent bully David Brown faces jail for assault and coercive control
- JAILED: Trucker Jeremy Didesse, 44, chatted on phone before M20 multiple pile-up
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, closures and diversions next week