BLAZE: Electrical fault causes fire at industrial building near Yalding
Wednesday 28th July 2021
FIREFIGHTERS were called to an industrial building fire in Collier Street this morning.
The blaze is believed to have started accidentally due to an electrical fault.
Two fire engines arrived at the scene and crews arrived to black smoke coming from the building, which contained industrial machinery.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a main jet, hose reel jets and compressed air foam to tackle the blaze. No casualties were reported.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone