BLAZE: Mu Mu's Ciaran O'Quigley on the 'horrific tragedy' at Maidstone venue
Wednesday 14th July 2021
THE owner of Mu Mu nightclub in Maidstone has spoken out after a large blaze broke out in the early hours of this morning.
Fire crews were called to the restaurant in Week Street at around 2.30am today as dark clouds of smoke wafted across the town.
Severe damage was caused to the burning building and fire investigators are trying to work out the exact cause of the blaze.
Mu Mu owner Ciaran O'Quigley, who has run the nightclub for more than 29 years, said: “The devastation this has caused our family is beyond words that we can fathom at this time. We have had the toughest of 18 months and were just one week away from the first grasps at normality.
"As a family, we are attempting to digest this horrific tragedy and we ask all customers to bear with us - we have no offices, no computers, no equipment, no phone lines, no access to our venue at all - These have all been taken as a result of this atrocious fire.
"We will be back. That much is certain."
A fundraising page has been set up to raise funds for repairs. Click here to donate.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone