BLAZE: Victim suffers facial burns in out of control bonfire near Maidstone
Friday 26th April 2019
FIRE crews were sent to an out of vontrol bonfire last night in East Farleigh.
The bonfire had spread to a large pile of wooden plates, rubbish and a hedge, at a yard in Heath Road, East Farleigh near Maidstone.
A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue said: "Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to an out of control bonfire which spread to a large pile of wooden plates, rubbish and a hedge, at a yard in Heath Road, East Farleigh near Maidstone.
Four fire engines attended and crews used foam to stop the fire spreading further."
Two hose reel jets were used to extinguish the blaze and one person suffered burns to their face and one hand.
Following this incident, firefighters are urging people to take care when having a bonfire.
Remember to build your bonfire well clear of buildings, garden sheds, fences, hedges and overhanging branches. Keep it to a manageable size and make sure it's evenly built so it collapses inwards as it burns.
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: Car wash owner knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
- MUSIC ON THE GREEN: Getting ready for the big day this weekend in Bearsted
- JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
- Abusive Juliette Waghorn jailed for knife attack on husband at Leeds home