BREAKING: 15 patients treated at scene of 'chemical incident' near Maidstone
Friday 30th July 2021
FIFTEEN patients are currently being assessed following a chemical incident in Aylesford.
Five fire engines were sent to Quarry Wood Industrial Estate at 5.40am this morning.
Detection, Identification and Monitoring (DIM) officers and an incident support unit were also called to the scene.
Two fire engines and DIM officers remain at the incident, and continue to work alongside Kent Police and a number of SECAmb resources, including its Hazardous Area Response Team (HART), ambulance crews, a Critical Care Paramedic and a Paramedic Practitioner.
A spokesman said: "Fifteen patients are being assessed at the scene, all with minor symptoms."
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone