BREAKING: Bearsted hit by six Coronavirus deaths
Friday 3rd April 2020
Six Coronavirus deaths have been reported since Monday to Family Funeral Service, the Bearsted undertakers.
All were aged over 70 and died locally in hospital.
Mr Michael Lawrence, with six funeral offices in Mid Kent, said there were also two deaths reported at their Strood office. “Sadly the virus is now taking Maidstone lives,” he said.
All Maidstone undertakers have agreed a safety system for clients and staff. The offices are now closed and callers are asked to knock the door for a staff response.
Limousines are not used to carry relatives so they cannot become infected and mourners must make their own transport arrangements. A maximum of 10 people can be present in local crematoria and seats are well spaced. Live streaming of funerals can be arranged and viewed with an access key on a computer anywhere in the world.
Mr Lawrence said Family Funeral Service was helping families to view after normal hours at its funeral parlours.
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- Fury grows on planning 421 houses in Otham - plea for Government call-in
- 999: Firefighters tackle 'accidental' outhouse fire in East Farleigh
- JOHN EMERY: The 'D-Day Dodger' turns 100
- CLOSURES: Various roads to shut in Maidstone next month
- Is Golding Homes hiding behind coronavirus on various health and safety issues?
- Hospitals use donated iPads to help Covid-19 patients speak to their families
- CORONAVIRUS: Lockdown sparks huge rise in Maidstone's rat population