BREAKING: Border control officers stop lorry in Maidstone - updates to follow
Tuesday 15th October 2019
THOSE enjoying a quiet break at the M20 services near Hollingbourne found themselves surrounded by police, border control officers and paramedics.
The incident – at around 2pm today – involving the emergency services is thought to have involved border control officers and the detention of a number of men travelling in the back of a lorry that had stopped at the rest area, off junction 8.
Sean Briggs, who is working on the M20, was collecting a coffee and caught it all on camera.
He told Downs Mail: “The back of the lorry was opened and there were police and officers everywhere as those inside made a break for it. They had to round them up like Texas rangers.”
Kent Police have been approached for a comment.
- TRAFFIC CHAOS: Broken down vehicle causes major delays near Maidstone
- ELECTION 2019: Candidates announced for Maidstone constituencies
- TRAFFIC CHAOS: Bearsted Road to reopen next week following gas leak
- Incinerator scheme backed by local councillor
- HEALTH: Homeless drop in clinics extended after Maidstone success
- BUSINESS: Maidstone funeral firm picks up top national award
- LATEST: Archbishop's Palace may continue to be wedding venue
- WARNING: High Street to shut for Christmas light event in Maidstone