BREAKING: Border control officers stop lorry in Maidstone - updates to follow
Tuesday 15th October 2019
THOSE enjoying a quiet break at the M20 services near Hollingbourne found themselves surrounded by police, border control officers and paramedics.
The incident – at around 2pm today – involving the emergency services is thought to have involved border control officers and the detention of a number of men travelling in the back of a lorry that had stopped at the rest area, off junction 8.
Sean Briggs, who is working on the M20, was collecting a coffee and caught it all on camera.
He told Downs Mail: “The back of the lorry was opened and there were police and officers everywhere as those inside made a break for it. They had to round them up like Texas rangers.”
Kent Police have been approached for a comment.
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- OVERNIGHT CLOSURE: Detling Hill to shut
- CORONAVIRUS: Profound impact on Maidstone charities
- M20: Lane closes due to debris on road near Maidstone
- CLOSURE: Road shuts for SEVEN days to remove flytipping
- WARNING: Flytipping shuts road for a week in Yalding
- EXCLUSIVE: Controversial Maidstone schools will NOT open in September
- ROAD CLOSURE: Lane to close for two days near Maidstone