BREAKING: Car fire 'started deliberately' in Maidstone
Monday 19th April 2021
A CAR fire near Barming is believed to have been started deliberately.
Two fire engines attended the scene off Hermitage Lane in the early hours of this morning.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the flames, which had started to spread to a nearby log pile and a hedge.
No casualties were reported.
A KFRS spokesman confirmed: "It’s believed the fire was started deliberately."
- SHEPWAY FACELIFT: Plans for new housing, shops and green spaces
- CCTV APPEAL: Pair 'stole designer sunglasses' from Boots in Maidstone
- URGENT APPEAL: Town centre attack leaves man with serious head injury
- LORRY BAN: Police act for first time in months to stop illegal HGVs
- ROAD CLOSURE: Drivers' journeys disrupted for essential works - details
- CRASH: Woman, 70s, cut free from wreckage and rushed to hospital
- URGENT APPEAL: Girl 'attacked by man' near Maidstone
- POLITICS: Tories prepare for power after council election victory