BREAKING: Car fire 'started deliberately' in Maidstone
Monday 19th April 2021
A CAR fire near Barming is believed to have been started deliberately.
Two fire engines attended the scene off Hermitage Lane in the early hours of this morning.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the flames, which had started to spread to a nearby log pile and a hedge.
No casualties were reported.
A KFRS spokesman confirmed: "It’s believed the fire was started deliberately."
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone