BREAKING: Coach and lorry collide near Maidstone
Monday 12th August 2019
A COACH and lorry have collided on the M20,
The crash happened between M20 J9 to J8 London bound. Kent Police are attending.
Expect long delays on the approach.
Kent Police RPU tweeted: "We are dealing with an RTC between Junctions 9 and 8 of the M20. Please be advised there will be long delays and plan your journey accordingly. It is recommended you use either the A20 or M2 as an alternative route until the incident is dealt with."
A Kent Police spokesman said: "Police were called to the Londonbound carriageway of the M20 between junctions 9 and 8 at 1.55pm on Monday, 12 August 2019 following a report of a road traffic collision.
"The incident involved a lorry. No injuries have been reported. The road is currently closed whilst the lorry is recovered."
A Highways England spokesman said: "Please be aware there are delays of over 45 minutes above normal journey time on approach to this incident, with 5 and a half miles of congestion. Allow extra time for your journey if you're heading in the area this afternoon."
MORE AS WE GET IT
- TRAFFIC CHAOS: Broken down vehicle causes major delays near Maidstone
- ELECTION 2019: Candidates announced for Maidstone constituencies
- TRAFFIC CHAOS: Bearsted Road to reopen next week following gas leak
- Incinerator scheme backed by local councillor
- HEALTH: Homeless drop in clinics extended after Maidstone success
- BUSINESS: Maidstone funeral firm picks up top national award
- LATEST: Archbishop's Palace may continue to be wedding venue
- WARNING: High Street to shut for Christmas light event in Maidstone