BREAKING: Coronavirus case confirmed at Maidstone school
Thursday 24th September 2020
A NUMBER of pupils at Maidstone Grammar School have been told to self-isolate after it confirmed a case of Covid-19.
The secondary school wrote to parents to say a small group of students are believed to have been in direct prolonged contact with the case.
Headmaster Mark Tomkins wrote: "We have been advised by Public Health England to notify you that there has been a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the school.
"We know that you may find this concerning but we are continuing to monitor the situation and working closely with Public Health England.
"The small number of children who have been in direct prolonged contact with the confirmed case will have received an individual letter and will be staying at home for 14 days.
"If, in the future, we have another positive case it is our intention to text the parents of the students identified as ‘being in contact’ and this will be followed up by a ParentMail letter which gives you more details of timelines and instructions."
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- GBH CHARGE: Maidstone man Jordan Broad 'attacked woman'
- GRIDLOCK: Village near Maidstone grinds to a halt for traveller funeral
- UPDATE: Sutton Valence pub is saved
- LATEST: £1m plan to rebuild much-loved community centre in Maidstone
- LATEST: Yalding post office faces closure
- RICHARD GREENWOOD: Fifty years fighting for Lenham village
- JAILED: Maidstone cocaine dealer sent to prison for two years