BREAKING: M20 diversion route issued following 'serious collision' in Maidstone
Wednesday 9th October 2019
THE M20 is currently closed from J8 to J9 with delays of at least 30 minutes covering several miles of the eastbound carriageway.
This closure is due to a road traffic collision. For traffic approaching the closure locally, you are advised to expect disruption with extra journey time and may potentially have to re-route your journey.
If travelling towards this area from much farther afield, you may wish to change your strategic route, allow extra travel time and follow guidance from our on-road variable message signs and media.
Diversion route details and guidance is as follows via the "Hollow Circle" diversion route;
- Exit the M20 at Junction 8 onto the east bound A20 towards Ashford.
- Remain on the A20 until the junction with Fougeres Way then turn northwards towards junction 9 of the M20 to re-join.
- CASHLESS COUNCIL: Maidstone BC has not finalised PayPoint contract - details
- HOUSING: Historic East Farleigh must be kept special - campaigner
- POLICE APPEAL: Did you see supermarket smash and grab robbers?
- M20 ROADWORKS: Details of closures in the week ahead
- LORRY DRAMA: Polish truck narrowly avoids disaster
- STORE ROBBERY: Theives attempt smash and grab at supermarket near Maidstone
- HOUSE BLAZE: GoFundMe page set up to help family after Maidstone house fire
- Loose Road reopens after closure for house fire