BREAKING: M20 diversion route issued following 'serious collision' in Maidstone
Wednesday 9th October 2019
THE M20 is currently closed from J8 to J9 with delays of at least 30 minutes covering several miles of the eastbound carriageway.
This closure is due to a road traffic collision. For traffic approaching the closure locally, you are advised to expect disruption with extra journey time and may potentially have to re-route your journey.
If travelling towards this area from much farther afield, you may wish to change your strategic route, allow extra travel time and follow guidance from our on-road variable message signs and media.
Diversion route details and guidance is as follows via the "Hollow Circle" diversion route;
- Exit the M20 at Junction 8 onto the east bound A20 towards Ashford.
- Remain on the A20 until the junction with Fougeres Way then turn northwards towards junction 9 of the M20 to re-join.
- HOUSING: Campaign petition starts against Lib Dem council's 14-floor tower block
- FINED: Jason Yardley drunkenly smashed his way out of bus in Maidstone
- Leeds land could be used for retirement complex expansion
- TRAFFIC NEWS: Broken down bus causing delays in Maidstone
- COURT SHAME: Gareth Bailey threatened to torch girlfriend's house in Maidstone
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, disruption and diversions - full details
- COURT: Carl Bailey's drunken outburst at police in Maidstone town centre
- Expert gives talk on menopause - details