BREAKING NEWS: Motorcyclist dies in A249 accident this morning
Thursday 13th September 2018
POLICE crash investigators are appealing for witnesses following a fatal incident on the A249 Detling Hill.
Kent Police was called at 6.25am this morning (Sept 13) after a red Yamaha motorcycle and a grey Renault people carrier collided on the Sittingbourne-bound carriageway.
Officers and South East Coast Ambulance Service attended and the motorcyclist, a man aged in his 30s, who is thought to be local to Maidstone, died at the scene. Next of kin have been made aware.
The carriageway was closed from the M20 junction 7 through to the M2 junction 5, whilst emergency services remained at the scene. It was reopened shortly after 3pm.
Anyone who saw the collision or either of the vehicles prior to the collision is asked to call Kent Police on 01622 798538, quoting reference DK/NR/127/18. Officers are particularly interested in speaking to those who may have dash cam footage. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ASSAULT: Woman kicked in face by man in Week St, Maidstone - did you see it?
- EVENT: The Multicultural Society to put on charity fashion show in Maidstone
- CHARITY: League donates £50k to Maidstone Hospital
- WARNING: Stay out of lakes after 'deadly bird bug' outbreak in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: Lanes remain blocked following vehicle blaze
- 5 YEARS: Dangerous driver jailed after killing 22-year-old man near Maidstone
- COURT: Serial shoplifter Matthew Gillett stole hoover to buy heroin in Maidstone
- ALERT: M20 closed as fire crews fight vehicle blaze