BREAKING: Operation Stack officially in place
Wednesday 16th September 2020
OPERATION Stack is now in place on the M20 near Maidstone.
Lorries are now parked between Junctions 8 and 9 following a police operation at Kent ports in which all vehicles and passengers were being checked.
The policing operation has now been stood down and border control checks are returning to normality.
One eyewitness said: "Only freight is being allowed between junctions 8 to 9 coastbound. The A20 is getting very busy already and this is only the beginning."
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- DETAILS: Resurfacing works on B2012 Lower Boxley Road
- LATEST: Prezzo to reopen in Maidstone
- PLANNED: 18-month road closure in Aylesford
- URGENT: Gas leak repairs near Maidstone
- GALLERY: Maidstone pupils adjust to 'new normal'
- INQUEST: Police took 49 minutes to respond to dad's 999 call
- M20 DISRUPTION: After Op Stack - even more trouble on the motorway