BREAKING: Person hit by train near Maidstone
Wednesday 2nd December 2020
A PERSON has been hit by a train at West Malling railway station.
There are no trains running on the Maidstone East line at present and replacement buses are expected to be running between Swanley, Maidstone East and Ashford International from approximately 14:00.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "British Transport Police were called to West Malling railway station at 12.45pm today (02/12) following reports of a casualty on the tracks.
"Paramedics also attended and a person has been taken to a local hospital.
"This incident is not being treated as suspicious."
A Southeastern spokesman said: "A person has been hit by a train, affecting Maidstone East line services. Emergency services are on site.
"There are no trains running on the Maidstone East line at present.
"Replacement buses are expected to be running between Swanley, Maidstone East and Ashford International from approximately 14:00.
You may use your ticket on London Underground services between Southeastern London terminal stations to help you complete your journey at no extra charge."
- ROAD CLOSURE: Six day closure for another burst water main
- 999: Police arrest suspected drug dealer in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: MP lashes out at 'smart motorways' after deaths
- FOUND: Police find missing 34-year-old Maidstone man - details
- WARNING: Busy road shuts for EIGHT DAYS for pipe repair works
- URGENT APPEAL: Police search for missing Maidstone man
- WARNING: Power outage affecting homes and traffic lights near Maidstone
- LEEDS DIVERSION: Busy road to shut for pothole blitz