BREAKING: Police raid a large drugs factory in Maidstone
Tuesday 15th May 2018
POLICE have discovered a large cannabis factory near Maidstone town centre.
Officers went to the premises after receiving a report of suspicious activity in Sheals Crescent on Monday, May 14.
A statement said that a quantity of cannabis was seized along with growing equipment, and an investigation is now underway to establish who was responsible for the cultivation.
Anyone with information that may help the investigation is asked to phone Kent Police on 01622 604100 quoting reference 14-0438.
Alternatively, contact the Kent Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555111.
Officers are also keen to hear from anyone who suspects that a cannabis factory may be operating in their area.
Signs can include windows being permanently covered from the inside and vents protruding from the roof tiles.
Often a strong smell can be detected coming from the building and on occasions this can seep through walls to adjacent properties.
Other indicators include compost bags and other gardening equipment in the garden or close to the back door without any clear indication of normal gardening activity, and people calling at the address daily or weekly, but only for short periods of time.
If anybody suspects that a cannabis factory may be at an address in their neighbourhood, they are asked to contact their local Police Community Support Officer or call Kent Police on 101.
- M20 ROADWORKS: Details of closures and disruption in coming days
- Headcorn to get a new nursery at primary school
- Leeds Castle launches 900th anniversary celebrations for 201C
- UPDATE: Kent Highways release update on Barming sinkhole road re-opening
- Government confirms its pledge to bring Thameslink rail service to Maidstone
- Take Me Out are giving away free tickets for eleventh series in Maidstone
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: Village reopens after water leak closure
- Stranded couple allowed back home after newborn tragedy