BREAKING: Two students test positive for Coronavirus in Aylesford
Tuesday 22nd September 2020
TWO students at the Aylesford School have tested positive for Coronavirus.
All students have been sent home for the next three days whilst a deep clean is carried out.
Year 9, 12 and 13 pupils will have to self-isolate until October 1.
A letter sent to parents last night reads: "It is with deep regret and an unfortunate sense of inevitability that I am writing to inform you that this evening I have had the news that two Aylesford School students from the same family have tested positive for Covid-19. These students are in year 9 and year 13.
"I will be requiring all students to work at home with immediate effect for the next three days so we can carry out further deep cleaning of the school.
"The advice provided by the LHPT is that students in year 9, 12 and 13 are required to stay at home and self-isolate until October 1."
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- GBH CHARGE: Maidstone man Jordan Broad 'attacked woman'
- GRIDLOCK: Village near Maidstone grinds to a halt for traveller funeral
- UPDATE: Sutton Valence pub is saved
- LATEST: £1m plan to rebuild much-loved community centre in Maidstone
- LATEST: Yalding post office faces closure
- RICHARD GREENWOOD: Fifty years fighting for Lenham village
- JAILED: Maidstone cocaine dealer sent to prison for two years