Bearsted FC unveils new look home ground after £60,000 facelift
Wednesday 24th April 2019
BEARSTED FC celebrates a lasting victory in unveiling improved facilities at its ground in Otham.
The club, which was founded in 1895 and played on The Green before moving in 1998 to Honey Lane to chase its dream of playing in the higher leagues, has invested nearly £60,000 in its home ground. Much of the money has come from the Football Stadia Improvement Fund (FSIF), which is part-funded by the Premier League.
This latest investment was a tactical move to ensure the club meets the requirements of the FA’s national ground grading criteria. The work includes a new flood lighting system and a seated, covered stand for up to 100 fans.
While Kent FA Chairman Philip Smith (pictured) unveiled the new facilities, fans were out in force to congratulate club supporters including club chairman Duncan Andrews, vice chair Jamie Houston, sponsors, president John Mace and club secretary Roy Benton.
The club, which was awarded FA Charter Status in 2005, runs about 20 teams, including a development squad at Roseacre School for five- to seven-year-olds.
FSIF chair Peter McCormick congratulated the team for securing the funding, adding “I’m delighted that we have been able to support Bearsted FC with the improvements at Otham Sports Ground, no doubt helping the club to continue developing. These awards are helping to develop the provision of football at lower levels of the game and to make facilities safer.”
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: Car wash owner knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
- MUSIC ON THE GREEN: Getting ready for the big day this weekend in Bearsted
- JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
- Abusive Juliette Waghorn jailed for knife attack on husband at Leeds home