Bearsted's Flower Festival to raise funds for the church roof
Friday 14th September 2018
UP TO £400,000 may be needed to pay for a new roof at the Holy Cross Church in Bearsted.
Although the renovation is not urgent, architects have informed Rev John Corbyn that work cannot be put off.
So the Holy Cross Raise the Roof Committee is staging a flower festival on September 14-16.
Rev Corbyn, pictured, said: “Essentially, it is a case of a Victorian roof coming to the end of its useful life. We have to do something proactively sooner rather than later.”
The festival has 16 exhibits, covering a wide range of concepts and subjects but all under the umbrella of All Kinds of Everything, a song by the Northern Irish singer Dana. The song is about the changing of the seasons.
The festival programme explains: “We don’t want fund raising to be a chore. We want to see it as an opportunity to celebrate the church, its congregations and our friends and neighbours in Bearsted."
- LOWER THAMES CROSSING: Consultation enters its final week
- CRASH: Collision near Maidstone causing long delays in both directions
- Gritting Kent announce they will be treating all primary routes tonight
- Motorway crash causing long delays
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic signals in Maidstone
- ROAD CLOSED: Busy road near Maidstone SHUT for SIX DAYS from today
- Lorry and car collide on A229 - long delays
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: Car crashes into Teston Bridge - massive congestion and delays